More about the BFM.....
Membership is open to manufacturing companies in all sectors including upholstery, cabinet, bathroom, kitchen, office, mattress & beds.
The supply chain is also important to BFM and our associate members include suppliers, retailers and ancillary companies to the trade. As a member of the BFM, you get many benefits including solutions, advice and practical support, trade data, opportunities to save costs, grow sales and enhance your profile.
You will also distinguish yourself as being British. The BFM established several years ago the Great British Furniture Campaign, an initiative designed to increase awareness of the key factors that make British made furniture great in the eyes of the consumer, retailers, contract specifiers, architects and the wider international audience.
Some of our more recent initiatives include:
- Raw materials and chemicals price tracker
- Furniture factory gate prices
- Discounts on space at the The January Furniture Show
- BFM Fabric Show London
- European Timber Regulation (EUTR) guidance, direction & on-site assistance
- Chain of Custody guidance, direction & on-site assistance
- An ‘Export Portal’ offering advice, guidance and direction plus export consultant
- Telephone helplines - commercial, tax, PAYE and payroll
- DIT Trade Challenge Partner for the Milan Furniture Show
- A pension scheme for the furniture industry to meet the compulsory contribution requirement
- A comprehensive suppliers’ directory
- British and International standards directory
The BFM lobbies and advances the interests of the furniture industry directly with government and through the British Furniture Confederation (BFC) and the All Party Parliamentary Furniture Industry Group of the House of Commons.