Furniture Industry Research Association
World leaders in research and innovation for the furniture industry
Established over 65 years ago, the Furniture Industry Research Association is the UK’s largest furniture association and the only organisation that provides support to the whole furniture supply chain, across all sectors.
How membership can help your business
The Association has an extensive knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the industry, specialising in standards, regulations and market trends.
Ensure products are safe, legal and fit for purpose by keeping up to date with changes to standards and regulations.
Industry statistics, research and initiatives
Access the latest industry statistics, giving you the advantage over your competitors and benefit from the results of key industry research and initiatives.
Market intelligence reports are designed to assist your business objectives and maximise your sales opportunities.
Areas of expertise
- Procurement and product selection
- Product safety and performance (inc. flammability)
- Ergonomic design and evaluation
- Sustainability and environment
- Standards and regulations
- Market intelligence
- Furniture Design Toolkit – How to incorporate ergonomics, user trials Standards and legislation into the design process.
- Export Hub – A guide to exporting furniture
- National Furniture Specifications – To help with specifying, developing or reviewing tenders for non-domestic and contract furniture
- Market Intelligence Reports (Statistics Digest)
The FIRA Gold accreditation scheme is only available to members. - FIRA Gold
Types of Membership
Membership is open to all businesses in all sectors of both the UK and international furniture supply chain - including manufacturers, suppliers, retailers and specifiers.
Find out more about the Types of Membership.
- Street: Maxwell Road
- Postcode: SG1 2EW
- City: Stevenage
- County: Hertfordshire
- Country: United Kingdom
- Telephone: +44 (0)1438 777700
- Fax: +44 (0)1438 777800